New York, NY
Posted: Oct 23, 2013
Responsible for supporting the Director of Digital Marketing & E-Commerce with all digital marketing initiatives. Leading the company’s social media efforts to increase brand awareness, impressions and engagement. Supporting the acquisition of new customers & prospects while strengthening relationships with and maximizing the value of existing customers.
- Plan and execute content across all company social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, YouTube & Pinterest.
- Develop and maintain the John Varvatos digital editorial calendar. Outline activities and communications strategies by channel.
- Track projects of past campaign talents and friends of the brand as well as other brand appropriate artists, music, festivals, exhibitions, etc. to integrate into social communications.
- Monitor conversations on social media properties; escalate to appropriate internal contacts to respond promptly and effectively.
- Coordinate the e-mail marketing process. Manage the calendar, communicate schedule to internal stakeholders, traffic creative & ensure e-mails are delivered on time to service provider.
- Work with wholesale partners, mall management, magazines, licensees, etc. to activate digital programs such as e-mail blasts, partnerships, promotions and added value opportunities.
- Support the Director with digital media research, planning, execution and management of digital marketing agency.
- Partner with Director of PR to create and maintain blogger outreach programs; identify relevant blogs and engage in social conversations to provide reach for key launches, promotions and viral marketing efforts.
- Stay abrest of key industry trends, best practices, competitive insights and emerging social media / marketing / e-commerce technologies. Identify and propose new opportunities appropriate for the brand.
- Manage and track all e-commerce & retail promotions and make recommendations for future initiatives
- Generate monthly CRM reports for distribution to retail stores and as general reporting for Marketing & management
- Track sales associate capture performance on a monthly basis and review with retail management to ensure maximum accuracy possible
- Manage of overall client marketing contact strategies such as retail events, sales, shopping days, etc.
Education and Training:
- B.S. in Marketing, Business, Communications or related fields
- 3-5 years’ experience in a digital marketing or e-commerce role at an apparel / beauty / luxury company or digital agency
- Proficient in analytics suites (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experienced in MS Office & Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with CRM systems & fundamentals
- Demonstrated creativity and documented implementation of social media & digital marketing programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- A strong strategic thinker, able to handle the execution of all tasks both large and small
- Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- A good eye & interest in photography a plus