Free shipping on all US orders-Order by 12/13 to ensure holiday delivery with ground shipping
Free shipping on all US orders
Job Title: Merchandiser
Department: Merchandising, Planning & Buying
Reports To: Vice President of Merchandising
Purpose and Scope
The Merchandiser will be responsible for developing a financially sound assortment plan of mixed merchandise for John Varvatos with the aim to grow the business in a profitable way. While keeping an eye on emerging trends, previous sales/revenue, and pre-determined assortment strategies, this person will maintain a collection and work to create a cohesive merchandise mix to optimize sales and profitability. The Merchandiser will work closely with cross functional departments during the product development process. These areas include but are not limited to Design, Product Development (Production), Retail, Wholesale and Planning.
• Work closely with design and Production in developing design concepts for each season while maintaining SKU plan guide.
• Build seasonal SKU plans according business needs. Work with internal business partners to drive and grow the business.
• Develop plans to grow specific product categories in a profitable way to maximize potential.
• Define strategies to achieve goals in conjunction with design, production, marketing and PR.
• Closely analyze SKU plan seasonally, review historical performance and propose required changes to positively impact business.
• Manage merchandise selection, pricing/IMU, exclusivity for each collection.
• Oversee initial markup for all styles in partnership with Production.
• Analyze weekly sales numbers to identify trends, fast and slow selling items between retail and wholesale divisions.
• Guide sales with assortment planning.
• Build a competitive analysis by price point and content.
• Strong work ethics
• Strong communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills
• Resourceful, hands-on, and able to sense urgency
• Strong analytical and strategic skills along with strong knowledge and passion for Product
• Excellent technical skills; Excel, Outlook, Word and merchant systems
• An acute fashion sense with proven ability to envision and interpret fashion trends, preferred
• Proven ability to understand and be pro-active with financial retail indicators such as sales, gross margin, inventory productivity, sell-through and turn
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in business, retail and/or merchandising preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of merchandising/buying/planning experience