Free shipping on all US orders
Job Title: Sales Professional
Department: Retail Team
Reports To: General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Purpose and Scope
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Retail Team as a Sales Professional. The Sales Professional will act as a leader, and will be responsible for contributing to the future development of the brand, with a passionate and driven attitude. They will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, merchandise and store appearance, as well as meeting and exceeding established sales goals. Other duties include assisting with customer transactions, maintaining and achieving high operational standards, exceeding merchandising goals, developing a clientele base, as well as assisting and motivating staff.
• Learning, referencing and applying product knowledge information to recommend, select, and obtain merchandise based on customers' needs
• Establishing, meeting, and exceeding sales and performance goals, as well as setting and achieving personal sales goals.
• Building lasting relationships with customers and expanding the client book.
• Responsible for client development beyond the initial transaction; utilizing phone, e-mail & written follow-up contact.
• Maintaining a positive, energetic, and upscale atmosphere reflective of the John Varvatos brand.
• Assist in motivating staff and align daily activities to achieve business goals.
• Exceeding expectations in identifying store trends and communicating these trends to the buyer.
• Connecting with customers and understanding their needs, such as documenting and communicating customer requests
• Proactively seeking opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, while enhancing the customer's experience, not overwhelming them
• Monitor sales floor and zone coverage to drive sales and maintain customer focus.
• Display creative problem solving abilities in accommodating client needs (returns, damaged merchandise, etc.).
• Assist with stocking merchandise on shelves, as well as assisting with pricing merchandise and maintaining a clean and organized appearance of the store.
• Assist with and/or ensure proper training and product knowledge for staff.
• Strong work ethic and customer service mentality
• Complete understanding of the John Varvatos customer and lifestyle
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Driven and enthusiastic in exceeding sales goals; takes responsibility for personal results
• Resourceful and hands-on approach to problem solving
• Extremely motivated, with the drive and follow-through skills to increase clientele base and aid existing clients in growing their John Varvatos collection
• Minimum of 3-5 years as a luxury sales Professional
• Tailored clothing experience a plus
Education and Training:
• Associate’s Degree required
• Bachelor’s Degree a plus
• Fluency or conversational level in a foreign language a plus