Free shipping on all US orders-Order by 12/13 to ensure holiday delivery with ground shipping
Free shipping on all US orders
Job Title: Strategy & Licensing Associate
Department: Executive Office
Reports To: Senior Director of Business Strategy & Product Licensing
Purpose and Scope
The Strategy & Licensing Associate will support the leadership team in identification and execution of strategic initiatives, as well as growth of the John Varvatos Licensing business (fragrance, eyewear, select international distribution, etc.). This individual will support all aspects of the Licensing business, including management and growth of existing licensed categories, and successful identification and launch of new categories to achieve our 5-year growth plan. This position will interact with various levels of management and functions across the company.
• Support and lead projects to successful completion, managing cross-functional teams.
• Develop market research, summarize findings and present suggested actions to the leadership team.
• Assist in the active management and growth of existing partners.
• Identify opportunities for new licensed categories or international distribution.
• Assist in all aspects of new category development, including market research, legal reviews, negotiating terms, business plan creation, and management of project (T&A calendar) from product development through launch.
• Maintain reporting to assist in decision-making. Support the forecasting of business performance.
• Analyze existing company-wide processes and operations to identify potential profit-enhancement or efficiency-improvement opportunities.
• Create various internal and external presentations for the Board of Directors, banks, investors, etc.
• Perform various ad-hoc strategic projects.
• Strategic mindset and experience developing business plans.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a significant comfort level with changing priorities.
• Strong collaborative skills; ability to work effectively between departments.
• Proven project management skills; sees projects through completion.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent reporting and analytic skills with an ability to apply findings to affect change. Finance knowledge a plus.
• Advanced proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP) and PowerPoint.
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience.